[Tuxaloosa] SouthEast LinuxFest - RFP ends soon / Ambassadors

Robby Workman rworkman at tuxaloosa.org
Tue Apr 21 05:46:36 UTC 2015

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 15:51:26 -0400
georgia_tech_swagger <georgia.tech.swagger at gmail.com> wrote:

> SELF's call for speakers ends Saturday 4/25 at 11:59 PM ET.  I'd
> encourage anybody interested to submit a talk.  We do go a bit out of
> our way to try to help bring up local FOSS talent in LUGs throughout
> the southeast.   So even if you only experience was a nervous talk in
> front of your local LUG ... c'monnn submit it.  You have nothing to
> lose.  Submit here: http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/?p=1250
>
> Secondly, if anybody is interested in helping out a bit with SELF,
> particularly when it comes to representing us at local events (LUG
> meetings, local tech group meetings, local conferences) we'd love to
> hear from you.  We call these people Ambassadors.  In exchange for
> doing a bit of local leg work to represent SELF, we send you
> swag/goodies and maybe even fly you expenses paid to awesome events
> like the Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) to help run our booth
> there.   Or if those bright lights are a bit much, and you're just
> interested in volunteering, we'd love to hear from you as well.
> Either way, shoot an email to info at southeastlinuxfest.org
>
> Thanks for your time, and hope to see you in June!

I won't be able to go this year (it will be only the second one
I've missed), but I can assure everyone that there's a lot of
fun to be had.

You don't have to be a certified card-carrying expert to do a
talk either - even I managed to to give a mostly decent (well,
perhaps depending on who you ask) :-) presentation on the
netfilter/iptables packet filtering infrastructure several years
ago, so if you know more than most about a particular topic that
others could benefit from knowing, please consider submitting a
proposal.

Most importantly, consider attending SELF 2015 - it will be worth
your while.

-RW