[Tuxaloosa] Linux laptop - sold without Windows?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Fri Sep 30 20:04:10 UTC 2011

Turnaround time on customized orders is outrageous.  The last custom
desktop I had someone order was over a month to deliver.  It arrived
DOA.  The replacement motherboard was DOA.  The one their tech replaced
may not have been DOA, but was for the wrong system!  2+ months later,
after more than losing my cool with the manager I got escalated to at
IBM (yeah, they are still in the mix), they got a new system.  Two more
cases like that.  I'm pretty much dealing with Acer and HP for any
consulting work I do outside of my day job these days.
Allen B.

Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer
The University of Alabama