[Tuxaloosa] Linux laptop - sold without Windows?

Robby Workman rworkman at tuxaloosa.org
Fri Sep 30 19:55:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:34:31 -0500
"Beddingfield, Allen" <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> I have not ordered from these guys, but I have heard good things
> about them.  The price seems a bit high for what you get, though.
> Also the lack of AMD CPUs is an issue for me.
> http://www.system76.com/

Sounds similar to these: http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html

There's another (small) company whose name escapes me, and googling
has not yielded it :/

> I would never order a Thinkpad these days..  after Lenovo ate and
> digested the IBM PC division, quality and customer service has gone
> down the drain.  It is a shame, because Thinkpads were so awesome
> just a few years back.  I have had multiple bad experiences with the
> Lenovo equivalent of the Dell OptiPlex line, and have written them
> off as a never-do-business-with-again company.

Really?  Have they gone that far down that fast?  I bought my T400
back in 2009, and it's still got the typical "Thinkpad" look, feel,
and reliability.

-RW