[Tuxaloosa] Linux laptop - sold without Windows?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Fri Sep 30 19:34:31 UTC 2011

I have not ordered from these guys, but I have heard good things about
them.  The price seems a bit high for what you get, though.  Also the
lack of AMD CPUs is an issue for me.
http://www.system76.com/

I would never order a Thinkpad these days..  after Lenovo ate and
digested the IBM PC division, quality and customer service has gone down
the drain.  It is a shame, because Thinkpads were so awesome just a few
years back.  I have had multiple bad experiences with the Lenovo
equivalent of the Dell OptiPlex line, and have written them off as a
never-do-business-with-again company.

Allen B.

Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer