[Tuxaloosa] cell phone coverage

Edward Terry eterry9 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 23:01:48 UTC 2010

> It depends on where you will be going. For overall coverage, Verizon
> is the best bet.  I personally use T-Mobile, and their coverage in
> town and along major highways is good.  I have a Verizon phone for
> work, and there are very few places I can't get a signal.  If I drive
> from here to Mobile, I have Verizon coverage most of the way.
> T-Mobile drops off just south of Moundville and picks up just before
> Creola!

I may be driving to Mobile and other areas occasionally, but most of the
time I'll be in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham.  I live in Tuscaloosa.

Thanks for all the feedback.  I currently have DSL through AT&T, and I
should probably decide whether to switch before deciding on a cellular
carrier.  Are there any real options for residential broadband in
Tuscaloosa other than the cable companies, AT&T, and Earthlink?

It's too bad WiMax isn't available yet.  I was with Clear in Portland
and found it satisfactory (though some of the more technically demanding
users weren't happy with the quality of the connection).

Edward