[Tuxaloosa] Summary of 10/28 Meeting

Michael Ramm michaelramm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:33:22 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

Thanks for coming out last night. I think that it was a great start. I
wanted to send this out as a recap of the meeting.

   - We will house the webpage at http://tuxaloosa.org.
   - We will meet monthly on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Capture
   Studio Cafe on University Blvd. One problem for November meeting is
that Techmixer
   Unplugged <http://www.techbirmingham.com/unplugged-2/> is slated for
   November 13, 2008 in Birmingham. We can meet the week before (11/6) or week
   after (11/20). *Discuss*.
   - Stewart is working up an icon for the group as well as a typeface for
   the name.
   - We settled on Tuscaloosa Linux Users Group (I think). Correct me if I
   am wrong.
   - Robby is starting a Linux User Group at Tuscaloosa County High School.
   The meeting are the 1st and 3rd Friday at 3:00pm in Room 2214 at TCHS. He
   has 3-5 students interested. I think that this could be a huge opportunity
   for our group to get the word out about Linux at the high school level.
   - After the meeting, Erik floated to the mailing list a project that he
   is involved in building computers to giveaway. Again, this is a great
   opportunity for our group to get rid of parts and expose folks to linux.

I think that may be it. I think that we are group of enthusiasts that is
committed to spread Linux to our community. I want to try to get Cameron
Purvis involved. He is one of the Unix guys at the Seebeck Computer Center
on UA's campus. I will be shooting him an email shortly seeing if he would
like to be involved.

Please add to, or modify, anything that you might be remembering
differently.

Thanks for getting involved.

Michael