[Tuxaloosa] location of xorg.conf on fedora?

E Hanson leprkhn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:12:53 UTC 2008

on a whim today i thought i'd try the new fedora 10 release candidate on
my fun box. usually when i install a new distro on this box (i have
three 80G partitions + swap), they never detect my monitor correctly (i
think that this is because it is connected through an iogear KVM), and i
wind up with very low resolution options.
my solution to this is to mount up /dev/sda2 (my slackware partition)
and copy the xorg.conf that slackware (and only slackware i've found)
properly configures, to the new distro's /etc/X11/.
it doesn't look like fedora puts their xorg.conf in the place that i am
used to finding it.
so where is it?
does this different configuration mean that copying that known working
xorg.conf to fedora is going to work?