[Tuxaloosa] VBox on slackware

E Hanson leprkhn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 18:26:15 UTC 2008

Robby Workman wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:21:01 -0600
> E Hanson <leprkhn at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> i figured it out and got it built.
>> i built the iasl compiler, moved it to /usr/share and linked it
>> to /usr/bin. that allowed me to build virtualbox.
>> then i realized that ./somename.SlackPackage isn't the end of the
>> process and went and looked in my /tmp folder where there was a .tgz
>> of virtualbox AND the acpica that i built.
>> installpkg took care of them and i ready to go.
>>

> Glad you got all that figured out -- sorry I didn't reply earlier, as I
> could have saved you a hell of a lot of trouble, but the holidays had
> me turned every which way but loose :/

no worries... asked-for answers never get the results that searched-for
answers do, and i prefer my learning to turn up more questions along the
way. keeps me busy.
> Our (SlackBuilds.org) virtualbox maintainer is holding off on the new
> 2.1.0 updates for reasons that I can't remember at the moment, but in
> the meantime, I've installed the official binaries from virtualbox.org,
> and they work as expected.  One very nice feature addition to the new
> 2.1.0 builds is host-based networking without any manual configuration
> of bridging and such.  It's always nice to deprecate one of my howto
> documents :)

i've had to put vbox on hold, but i'll keep the bin release in mind. did
you use an rpm?
i got a 22' lcd and i'm having problems getting xorg to output 1680x1050
res.