[Tuxaloosa] VBox on slackware

Robby Workman rworkman at tuxaloosa.org
Sun Dec 28 06:52:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:21:01 -0600
E Hanson <leprkhn at gmail.com> wrote:

> i figured it out and got it built.
> i built the iasl compiler, moved it to /usr/share and linked it
> to /usr/bin. that allowed me to build virtualbox.
> then i realized that ./somename.SlackPackage isn't the end of the
> process and went and looked in my /tmp folder where there was a .tgz
> of virtualbox AND the acpica that i built.
> installpkg took care of them and i ready to go.

Glad you got all that figured out -- sorry I didn't reply earlier, as I
could have saved you a hell of a lot of trouble, but the holidays had
me turned every which way but loose :/

Our (SlackBuilds.org) virtualbox maintainer is holding off on the new
2.1.0 updates for reasons that I can't remember at the moment, but in
the meantime, I've installed the official binaries from virtualbox.org,
and they work as expected.  One very nice feature addition to the new
2.1.0 builds is host-based networking without any manual configuration
of bridging and such.  It's always nice to deprecate one of my howto
documents :)

-RW