[Tuxaloosa] acer aspire one

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Thu Dec 4 20:34:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:21:03 -0600
E Hanson <leprkhn at gmail.com> wrote:

> why not right? i have a problem though. i've got bt3 up and running
> from a usb stick and when i boot it up with the ethernet cable
> plugged in, all of the network interfaces work; but when i boot
> without it plugged in the all i get are eth0 and lo. no wireless.
> has anyone ever seen this before? the wifi is an atheros AR5006EG.

If I had to guess, I'd say that BT has no support for the atheros
stuff.  BT is IMHO a bad derivative of Slackware (they use Slackware as
their base, but it's halfass in a lot of places, from what I understand
- no personal experience with it), and since they've based on 12.1,
  they're shipping 2.6.24.x kernel.  That kernel did not have the
  ath{5,9}k driver in it, so you'll need to install the madwifi stuff
  for that chipset to work.

-RW