[Tuxaloosa] Network Troubleshooting and Ethernet

Edward Terry eterry at highacres.net
Wed May 1 19:25:06 UTC 2019

On 5/1/19 2:05 PM, Erik Hanson wrote:
> I think I follow.
>
> Take a look at the network diagram in at this link (but don't follow
> those instructions because if you're running ubuntu/mint there's an
> easier way)
> https://www.softprayog.in/troubleshooting/connecting-two-computers-with-ethernet-lan-cable

That does appear to describe what I want to do, except that Host B is
not plugged into Host A.  Instead, both Host A and Host B are plugged
directly into the router's Ethernet ports via Ethernet cable.  (Well,
Host B is plugged into an Ethernet jack, and the router is also plugged
into an Ethernet jack, but I assume that's basically the same thing.)
The router is connected to the Internet via coaxial cable.

>   If that diagram describes what you want to do, then follow these
> instructions.
> https://www.crookm.com/journal/2018/sharing-wifi-connection-over-ethernet/

I'll read through them carefully.  Thank you.