[Tuxaloosa] Meetup Saturday @ 2PM ?

Robby Workman rworkman at tuxaloosa.org
Mon Mar 30 21:02:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:12:03 -0500

David James <djamestc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no preference between the two locations in terms of beer. RW,
> do you know if either location has WiFi they would allow us to use so
> as to imbibe on beer and perhaps us noobs could bring laptops and you
> Jedi masters could teach us ways of the force? Or we could just drink
> beer and run our mouths. Either way I'm good with it.

I know DCBC has wifi; no idea about BWBC.  Allen says Alcove does, so
that's an option too.

Given that this weekend will be one year since one of our original
members (Cameron Purvis) left us, I'd like to get together as some
sort of homage to him, if nothing else.

So... let's do something around 2PM on Saturday at Druid City Brewing?
I'm thinking more of a "meet, greet, and imbibe a bit" as opposed to
a "play around with linux" session, given the short notice and such
and since we don't all know each other at this point.

However, I'd love to consider some more formal "howto" type sessions
or some such in the future - that can be one of our discussion topics
perhaps...

To recap, I'll be at DCBC around 2PM on Saturday. If anyone else shows
up, that's great; if not, that's okay too :-)

-RW