[Tuxaloosa] Hello World

Robby Workman rworkman at tuxaloosa.org
Wed Mar 25 05:34:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 00:21:34 -0500
David James <djamestc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I stand before you as a fairly new Linux enthusiast who knows very
> little but wants to know more.  I am a teacher, coach, husband, Linux
> fan, and beer connoisseur.  Looking to get into a local LUG and I
> thought this was the place to go.  Looking forward to communicating
> with you all soon.

As if that wasn't enough, he has at least one awesome coworker - me! ;-)

Folks, let's have a meetup soon over beer (and maybe food). Ideas
and suggestions are welcome, but these come to mind:

1. Black Warrior Brewing
   - large taproom with an upstairs area (not sure what's up there;
     I've never ventured too far way from the bar), but it's large
     enough inside to accommodate a quite a few people. No food is
     available there, but plenty of places will deliver or carry-in
     is also allowed.
   - decent beer

2. Druid City Brewing
   - small
   - excellent beer
   - outside picnic tables if weather permits

Others?

-RW