[Tuxaloosa] Question about /boot

Erik Hanson leprkhn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 18:39:20 UTC 2011

I might be completely wrong about this, but it was my understanding that
ext2 was commonly used on separate /boot partitions for space issues. You
wouldn't want (or need) a journal taking up precious MB on that small
partition.
I think that the GB to $$ ratio these days makes that a little moot. Though,
if you are using a journaled FS, maybe increase the size of that /boot
partition to account for the journal.