[Tuxaloosa] UA Linux user group

Cameron Purvis cameron.purvis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:59:55 UTC 2011

So I think if we register a UA organization for the LUG I can get some
access to meeting rooms et c. for a nominal rate.  Maybe $20 per meeting,
with some restrictions on food that can be brought.

Does anyone have opinions on this?

Room information is at
http://www.ferguson.ua.edu/facGuidelines.cfm

Aramark has an exclusive contract on food services.  I don't yet know how
much this would impact bringing in food or drink.  The restaurants in the
center and their hours are
http://www.ferguson.ua.edu/foodServices.cfm
If we did a 6:30 start then the options would be
Topio's pizza
Stwrbuck's
I believe some grab and go stuff is in there, as well as chips etc
Chick-Fil-A

We may be able to bring in small amounts of food.  They may only care about
catering-scale food.  I'm sure organizations bring in pizza or some such.
 Organizationally-brought-in food under $35 can apparently be brought in if
it's snacks:
http://ferguson.ua.edu/snackPolicy.cfm

I don't yet know about their AV setup.  I suspect if we wanted we could
bring a projector or something if the room has a screen.

If I charter out a student org, then I'll need a name.  It's probably not
appropriate to steal Tuxaloosa - UALUG is lame.  Linux Association for the
Rolling Tide (LART) may work.  Any other ideas?