[Tuxaloosa] Meeting place - OK without beer?

Cameron Purvis cameron.purvis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:27:27 UTC 2010

So the perennial question comes up - where can we meet to be able to
hear each other, hook up laptops and get to hang out...  I know we
love us some beer, but is lack of beer and food a dealbreaker?

I work for UA, and will look into forming some sort of organization
that can host meetings like this.  The acceptability of it to the
campus standards is a little hazy right now, but if possible a space
on campus with tables and wireless might be possible.  OIT has some
nice facilities but food and drink would be questionable.  As for the
other campus spaces, beer is definitely out but bring-your-own food
and beverages is certainly possible in classrooms, et c.  As I
understand it the UAPD does not ticket after hours.

So, any thoughts?