[Tuxaloosa] ssh problems

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Thu Jul 30 18:21:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:06:54 -0500
"E.H." <leprkhn at gmail.com> wrote:

> update:
> i can log in using putty on my laptop running windows (xp - the
> workstation is running vista ::ducks::).
> SO...
> why one machine works and not the other?
> both are wireless (not that that should matter)

Hrm, are you sure that it doesn't work, or is there perhaps
just a *long* delay?  (wait for a while to be sure)

If it's just a delay, then sshd is trying to do a reverse
lookup on the ip address, which is failing, so it's timing
out before the connection proceeds.

If that's what it is, then we'll look into fixing that.

-RW