[Tuxaloosa] Any hardware hackers out there? Fun to be had with a LCD display with busted cable?

Cameron Purvis cameron.purvis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:27:39 UTC 2009

I have an LCD monitor which may or may not work in the conceptual sense.
That is to say, the signal cable to the poor thing was cut, possibly by the
chewing of an animal.   It has a foot or so of the VGA cable coming out of
the back.  It's a compaq 15" display.  It seems to be one of those stupid
@#$&@ units where the signal cable is permanently attached to the insides of
the monitor.

Can anyone think of anything interesting to do with this?  I suspect the
monitor works, but the notion of spending a couple of hours splicing in a
VGA cable is horrifying and likely pointless - any ideas other than trashing
it?