[Tuxaloosa] Ubuntu 8.10

E Hanson leprkhn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:15:12 UTC 2008

it might just be me, but it seems like the install is taking a LOT
longer than hardy.
also, i wasn't able to boot to the live desktop.  and for a second i
thought that i had burnt a coaster when i chose to go straight to the
installer (instead of the desktop) and it seemed to hang (i'm talking
5-7 minutes of nothing) during boot. i couldn't remember the shortcut
for displaying boot messages instead of the graphical boot, or i might
know more.
it did boot up though, and i've got it installed (they've added colors
to the partitioner - everything else seems the same), so i'll give it a
whirl and let you know what i think.

erik