[Tuxaloosa] OT: annoying cd/dvd drive

E Hanson leprkhn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:31:01 UTC 2008

and i'll be damned if googling for "cd tray opens" doesn't bring an
avalanche of windows user woes all "solved" by running a virus scanner.
and after that you get all the remote-admin jokeware stuff that allows
some to open a cd tray remotely.
these are all out since it happens preboot too.
i thought that maybe updating the firmware might do the trick (the dell
website HAS firmware updates for this drive), but again - no windows to
run that darned exe.