[Tuxaloosa] December Meeting - Thurs 6pm Capture

E Hanson leprkhn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 21:22:27 UTC 2008

i'll be there. the acer one is currently dual booting debian lenny
(works great - fast and stable... it's debian after all) and
kubuntu-daily (still struggling with wifi in here, but i hear that the
eye-candy can be nice in KDE 4.1... we'll see).
along the way i did find a tool that i absolutely love. it's called
unetbootin (http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html).
it builds install USBs of a nice variety of distros. i've only tried a
few (and a couple - like the BSDs - still need an ftp mirror to retrieve
packages from) and they all seem to work well (assuming your board will
USB boot). it was nice for the acer one because it has no cd/dvd drive,
but i think that the big one for me is that maybe i won't have to burn
distro disks any more.

see everyone tomorrow.
erik